The fight was over by the time police arrived, and several people were leaving in a white pickup, including Larry Taylor, 21, of Patterson. Deputies determined that he had been involved in the fight and arrested him on suspicion of possessing a loaded handgun and brass knuckles.
• 6:36 p.m.: A 16-year-old girl reported that a blue or teal full-sized van had slowed and followed her as she walked home near Walnut Avenue and First Street. The driver asked her if she wanted a ride home, she said, but after she declined, the van kept following her. The driver was described as a Latino man in his mid-30s with short hair, a light complexion and a thin mustache.
• 12:57 a.m.: A witness saw a vehicle sinking in the Delta-Mendota Canal near Marshall Road and reported it to police. It is unknown whether anyone was inside. Skid marks were found going into the canal, and the sheriff’s dive team later found an unoccupied blue Chevrolet pickup that was pulled from the canal.
• 8:50 a.m.: Thieves broke into two businesses on the 900 block of Renzo Lane the previous night. A cash register, cash and drawer were taken.
• 8:26 a.m.: Someone reported that a black purse and a small amount of cash had been taken from two unlocked vehicles on the 1400 block of Shearwater Drive.
• 12:19 p.m.: A 40 year-old man was cited for violation of a court order after he went to his ex-wife’s house on the 600 block of Periwinkle Drive.
• 12:57 p.m.: A new air-conditioner and metal brace were taken from the backyard of a home on the 300 block of North Third Street, where they had been left to be installed.
• Items in this column include a sample of reports in the Patterson Police Services dispatcher’s daily log. Additional information is based on reports from officers. Charges may have been added or dropped as of press time, and all suspects are assumed innocent until proven guilty.