Families are invited to stop by the Patterson Library, 46 N. Salado Ave., and participate in the free activities.
• Tuesday, Sept. 3: Preschool Storytime Fall Session will be from Sept. 3 to Nov. 26 each Tuesday at 9:30 and 10:30 a.m. Youngsters ages 3 to 5 are invited to hear stories and sing songs. An adult must accompany children who attend.
• Monday, Sept. 9: Friends of the Patterson Library meeting at 1:30 p.m. Anyone interested in volunteering time to the local library’s needs is welcome.
• Monday, Sept. 9 to 25: Free civics classes in Patterson are being offered from 1:30 to 3:30 p.m. to help those who are taking the U.S. citizenship test.
• Wednesday, Sept. 11: Children's Craft will have local children Make a Key Wind Chime at 3:30 p.m. Materials are free.
• Saturday, Sept. 14: Scrappin' in Patterson scrap booking session will be from 12 noon to 4:45 p.m. Join the Patterson Library and local scrap booking group, “Scrappin' in Patterson,” at a series of free sessions to get started or work on scrap booking/paper crafting projects. These are self-guided sessions, but members are available for help. Those who attend should bring their own materials. Light refreshments will be provided.
• Wednesday, Sept. 18: Teen Game Night. Teens are invited to join in the fun at 4 p.m. and enjoy snacks and win prizes as they play Wii, board and card games. Teens will also make a duct tape craft
• Saturday, Sept. 21: Family Movie Day at 2 p.m. will feature “The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey,” based on the popular novel by J.R.R. Tolkien. The Friends of the Patterson Library provide light refreshments
For information: Patterson Branch Library: 892-6473