- Wiggleworms is at 9:30. a.m. on Feb. 24. Young children up to age 2 can enjoy storybooks, music, dancing, rhythm activities, finger plays and more at this special program for babies, active toddlers, and adult caregivers. Wiggleworms will not be held on Mondays Feb. 10 and 17.
- Preschool Storytime at 9:30 a.m. on Tuesday, Feb. 18 and 25 is for children age 3 to 5-years-old. Little ones can enjoy stories, songs and finger plays with their adult caregivers. Storytime will not be conducted on Tuesday, Feb. 11.
- Dia Family Book Club is scheduled for 3:30 p.m. on Thursday, Feb. 6. Participants will celebrate Black History Month. Students from kindergarten through third grade and their families will read and discuss the book “Dave the Potter: Artist, Poet, Slave,” by L.C. Hill.
- “Scrappin’ in Patterson” will meet from 12 noon to 4:45 p.m. on Saturday, Feb. 8.
Local residents are invited to join the Patterson Library staff and local scrap booking group, “Scrappin’ in Patterson” at a series of free sessions to get started or work on scrap booking/paper crafting projects. These are self-guided sessions, but members are available for help. Participants should bring their own materials. Light refreshments will be provided.
- Weave a Heart is the children’s craft program set for 3:30 p.m. on Wednesday, Feb. 12 at the library. Materials are provided.
- Monday, Feb. 17, the library will be closed in observance of Presidents’ Day.
- Wednesday, Feb. 19 at 4 p.m. teens are invited to the library to hang out with friends for Teen Time. The afternoon includes games, Wii, crafts, snacks and fun. This month, teens will make Origami projects.
- Thursday, Feb. 20 from 2 to 4 p.m. local residents are invited to join Samantha Taylor of Village Yarns & etc. for a knitting class. Some materials provided.
The library, 46 N. Salado Ave., is open Monday and Tuesday, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m., Wednesday, 10 a.m. to 8 p.m., Thursday, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Saturday from 12 Noon to 5 p.m. The library is closed on Friday and Sunday.
Call the Patterson Library to sign up for the knitting class: 892-6473