- Wiggle Worms, 10 a.m. (Note the time change) on Mondays, April 14, 21 and 28. Children up to age 2 can enjoy storybooks, lap bounces, music, dancing, rhythm activities, fingerplays and more at this special program for babies, active toddlers and adult caregivers.
- Preschool Storytime, 10 a.m. (Note the time change) on Tuesdays, April 15, 22 and 29.
New and classic picture books, flannel board and puppet stories, fingerplays, music and dancing, all for preschoolers aged 3 to 5 and their caregivers.
- Lego Day is at 3:30 p.m. on Wednesday, April 2. Join the library staff for creative fun! Children can create masterpieces that will remain on display in the library. Younger children must have direct adult supervision by a parent or caregiver.
- Dia Family Book Club at 3:30 p.m. on Thursday, April 3 will feature the reading and discussion of “Dona Flor” by Pat Mora. This will be followed by a drawing craft for students in kindergarten through third-grade and their families.
- Dia Day of the Child/Day of the Book Celebration from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Saturday, April 5. Stop by the library and celebrate the multicultural community of Patterson. Some agenda items are bilingual storytime, Creekside Middle School band, Funstrummers-Ukelele Band, Polynesian dancers, crafts, informational booths and refreshments.
- Children’s Craft at 3:30 p.m. on Wednesday, April 9 where youngsters can make a bird’s nest project.
- Scrappin’ in Patterson from 12 noon to 4:45 p.m. Saturday, April 12. Join the Patterson Library and local scrapbooking group “Scrappin’ in Patterson” at a series of free sessions to get started or work on your scrapbooking/paper crafting projects. These are self-guided sessions but members are available to help. Bring your own materials. Light refreshments will be provided.
- Friends of the Patterson Library Book Sale will commence April 15, 16, 17, 21. More details will follow at a later date.
- Game Day at 3:30 p.m. on Wednesday, April 23. Hang out with your friends at the Patterson Library. Youth are invited to enjoy games, Wii, crafts, snacks and fun.
The Patterson Branch Library is open Monday and Tuesday at 10 a.m. to 6 p.m., Wednesday, 10 a.m. to 8 p.m., Thursday, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Saturday from 12 noon to 5 p.m. The library is closed on Friday and Sunday.
For information: Patterson Branch Library, 892-6473.