- Wiggle Worms, Mondays at 10 a.m. on June 9, 16, 23 and 30. Youngsters from infant to age 3 can enjoy storybooks, lap bounces, music, dancing, rhythm activities, fingerplays and more at this special program for babies, active toddlers, and adult caregivers.
- Preschool Storytime, Tuesdays at 10 a.m. June 10, 17, 24 and July 1. New and classic picture books, flannelboard and puppet stories, fingerplays, music and dancing, all for preschoolers ages 3 to 5 and their caregivers.
- Lego Day, at 3:30 p.m. Wednesday, June 4. Join the library staff for creative fun. Children can create masterpieces that will remain on display in the library. Younger children must be supervised by an adult.
- Xtreme Science Magic Show 1 p.m. on Thursday, June 5. Two parts science, one part magic, and a large dose of fun take place at this event.
- Children’s Craft at 3:30 p.m. Wednesday, June 11. Youngsters are invited to create a shark. Materials will be provided.
- Waterwise Gardening at 6 p.m. on June 11. Barbara Coelho presents this program. She will talk about plants that are drought resistant other than succulents, and how to conserve water and still have a garden.
- Dia Family Book Club at 3:30 p.m. Thursday, June 12. The book club session will focus on discussing “My Dadima Wears a Sari” by Kashmira Sheth. This will be followed by a craft. The Dia Family Book Club is for students in kindergarten through third-grade and their families.
- Invest in Me from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday, June 14. Invest in Me is a young women’s empowerment program that looks to provide young women with opportunities for self-development and growth on a personal and professional level. It enables them to build skills to become leaders in their schools and communities. The program also provides guidance and mentorship to support a successful transition into higher education and/or a career path.
- Game Day at 3:30 p.m. Wednesday, June 18. Local youth are invited to hang out with friends at the Patterson Library. The afternoon will feature games, crafts and fun.
The Patterson Branch Library is open Monday and Tuesday, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m., Wednesday, 10 a.m. to 8 p.m., Thursday, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Saturday from 12 Noon to 5 p.m. The library is closed on Friday and Sunday.
For information: Sandie Segoviano, 892-6473.