Del Puerto High School will have a graduation ceremony for 70 seniors at 6 p.m. Thursday, May 28.
The graduation will be in the Creekside Middle School gym, 535 Peregrine Drive, and awards and scholarships will be presented.
For information: 892-7463.
Friday Night Lights this summer
The River of Life Christian Fellowship will present Friday Night Lights 2009 every Friday from June 5 to July 31 in downtown Patterson.
Friday Night Lights will serve as a venue to showcase a variety of local talent and entertainment. Each evening will include summer activities and competition designed for the entire family.
Some of the highlights of the event include:
• June 5: Concert Night, featuring multiple bands
• June 12: Oakland Raiders and Comedy Night
• June 19: Free food and free PSP giveaway
• June 26: Discover Your Purpose Night
• July 3: Patterson Idol
• July 10: Band competition
• July 17: Drama Night
• July 24: Free food and free prize giveaway
• July 31: Patterson’s Got Talent Night
For information: email@example.com or 895-4231.
“Tumbleweeds” brings laughter to Newman
The West Side Players, a cast of Newman actors, will present the play “Tumbleweeds” the weekends of June 12 to 28 at the Westside Theatre, 1331 Main St., in Newman.
The play is based on Tom Ryan’s comic strip “Tumbleweeds,” which appears in hundreds of newspapers across America. “Tumbleweeds” is adapted as a lively musical that pokes fun at the Old West using music and jokes.
Tickets are $10 for general admission and $13 for reserved seating. Those younger than 13 pay half price. The production will begin at 8 p.m. Fridays and Saturdays and 3 p.m. Sundays — doors open a half-hour before each performance.
For information: 862-4490 or www.westsidetheatre.org.
• Briefs is a column of short news items about events, organizations and people in the Patterson area. Items will be considered on the basis of space availability, public interest and timeliness. Contact Maddy Houk at 892-6187 or firstname.lastname@example.org.