Patterson Repertory Theatre has announced auditions for “Patterson: A Century of Community,” written by Tori Lee Scoles as part of Patterson’s Centennial Celebration.
Auditions will begin at 6:30 p.m. July 24 at the Patterson High Auditorium, 200 N. Seventh St. All families and community members are encouraged to participate.
The theater group will also have a car wash from 2 to 4 p.m. July 25 at JSA Car Wash, on Highway 33 near E Street. Money raised will go to the youth theater group’s trip to San Francisco to see the production “Wicked.”
For information: 892-7297 or email@example.com.
Schools announce registration times
Classes will begin Aug. 6 for Patterson High, Del Puerto High, Creekside Middle, Grayson Charter, Las Palmas Elementary, Northmead Elementary and Walnut Grove Elementary schools.
Registration dates have been set at the schools. All schools require parents to show each child’s immunization card and birth certificate, along with proof of physical street address, such as a utility bill, at the time of registration.
Parents new to the district may register their children for school according to the following schedule.
• Patterson High, 200 N. Seventh St., 892-7450: 8 a.m. to noon and 4 to 7 p.m. July 28. Copies of each child’s transcripts are also needed — unofficial transcripts will be accepted — at the counseling office.
• Del Puerto High, 640 M. St., 892-7463: 8 a.m. to noon and 1 to 3 p.m. July 29. Starting Aug. 3, parents who cannot register July 29 may call for an appointment.
• Creekside, 535 Peregrine Drive, 892-3600: 7:30 to 11:30 a.m. or 1 to 4 p.m. daily, starting July 29. Copies of each child’s transcripts are also needed — unofficial transcripts will be accepted.
• Grayson Charter, 301 Howard Road, in Westley, 894-3762; Las Palmas, 624 W. Las Palmas Ave., 892-7457; Northmead, 625 L St., 892-7460: 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. starting July 30.
• Walnut Grove: Call 895-7786 or 892-5313 for an appointment.
• Briefs is a column of short news items about events, organizations and people in the Patterson area. Items will be considered on the basis of space availability, public interest and timeliness. Contact Maddy Houk at 892-6187 or maddy@patterson