The Patterson Library will have a special visitor at 3:30 p.m. Saturday, July 25, when Python Ron brings his creepy and slithery pets to the library, 46 N. Salado Ave.
• The last Preschool Storytimes of the session will begin at 9:30 and 10:30 a.m. Tuesday. Youngsters from ages 3 to 5 are welcome to attend with a parent. Books can be checked out afterward.
• Carnival of Chaos, a teen show featuring a team of magicians and acrobats, will start at 4:30 p.m. Wednesday, Aug. 5.
• Patterson Friends of the Library will meet at 1 p.m. Aug. 10. New members are always welcome.
• Children will make and decorate sun visors at 3:30 p.m. Aug. 12 during the children’s craft program.
• The last day to pick up a Summer Reading Club prize is Aug. 15.
For information: 892-6473.
Skating, movies on agenda
Skate the Circle and Movie Night will begin at 5:30 p.m. Saturday, July 25, on Plaza Circle and at North Park.
Participants younger than 18 must have a signed liability waiver from a parent or guardian and must sign in at the Patterson Parks and Recreation booth. All participants must wear helmets.
The movie, “Fly Me to the Moon,” will begin at dusk. The Patterson Parks and Recreation Department, Patterson Family Pharmacy, Acme Electric Co. and Patterson Veterinary Hospital are sponsors.
Patterson Community Stadium, Ward and Salado avenues, will be open that same evening from 6 to 9 p.m. for soccer, football and volleyball.
For information: Jason Hayward, 895-8083.
Water district elections planned for November
Western Hills Water District, which provides water to the Diablo Grande development, will have a general district election from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. Nov. 3 at 9501 Morton Davis Drive for three four-year positions and two two-year positions on its board of directors.
Candidacy forms may be requested from the secretary of the district or at the office on Morton Davis Drive. Forms must be filed in person with the district secretary or by certified mail no later than 5 p.m. Aug. 7.
For information: 895-9493.
KISS tribute band to play
The Original KISS Army, a KISS tribute band, will be on stage Aug. 22 at the West Side Theatre, 1331 Main St., in Newman.
The brainchild of native New Yorker and Gene Simmons tribute artist Jim Seda, the Original KISS Army has played to audiences for two decades.
Doors open at 7 p.m., and the show begins at 8 p.m. Tickets are $19 general admission and $22 reserved seating.
For information: 862-4490 or www.westsidetheatre.org.
• Briefs is a column of short news items about events, organizations and people in the Patterson area. Items will be considered on the basis of space availability, public interest and timeliness. Contact Maddy Houk at 892-6187 or firstname.lastname@example.org.