Below are this year’s nominees for the Patterson High School homecoming royalty.
• Senior Queen: Kristen Hernandez, Catarina Lam, Alex Toledo
• Senior King: Rodrigo Aldana, Blaine Christianson, Adrien Thompson
• Junior Princess: Stephanie Barraza, Maritza Castillo, Onkar Phul
• Junior Prince: Cristian Arteaga, Efrim Jones, Feleti Kelepi
• Sophomore Princess: Kristan Debler, Kristina Farias, Krystal Perez
• Sophomore Prince: George Garcia, Noel Gonzalez, Zack Nelson
• Freshman Princess: Victoria Bellini, Lacie Goddu, Alexandria Miranda
• Freshman Prince: J.T. Aguilar, Chase Guenther, Dru Morales
The Patterson Tigers will meet the Livingston Wolves at Patterson Community Stadium on Friday, Oct. 30, culminating a week of homecoming activities with the theme “Decades.”
Homecoming week, which runs from Monday, Oct. 26, to Oct. 30, will include school activities during the day as well as sports games, the naming of royalty and a night rally. Each grade level has chosen a different decade to celebrate, with freshmen focusing on the 1960s, sophomores the ’70s, juniors the ’90s and seniors the ’80s.
Some highlights of the week include the powder-puff football game at 7 p.m. Monday and the big annual night rally at 7 p.m. Tuesday. The homecoming parade will leave the school earlier than in past years and wind through Patterson’s downtown streets at noon Friday, Oct. 30. Community members are invited to come out and enjoy the festivities.
• Monday: Powder-puff football game, Patterson Community Stadium, 7 p.m. During the school day, students will observe Stop Light Day and wear green if they are single, yellow if they are dating and red if they are in a relationship.
• Tuesday, Oct. 27: Fall night rally, at the stadium, 7 p.m. The night rally will feature cheerleading, lip sync and dance competitions, along with lookalike contests, scavenger hunts, “Carry the Prince” game, teacher games and lip sync, and a performance by the Polynesian Dance Club. Students will dress up in clothes from their class decade for Flashback Day.
• Wednesday, Oct. 28: Homecoming volleyball games against Livingston, 4:30 p.m. The prince and king royalty will be crowned at the volleyball games. Then, for the staff and student lookalike contest, students will dress up as their favorite staff member and staff will dress up like their favorite student.
• Thursday, Oct. 29: Homecoming soccer game against Livingston, 5 p.m. On Halloween Spirit Day, students will dress up in their favorite Halloween costume or Halloween colors.
• Friday, Oct. 30: Homecoming parade, downtown streets, noon. The Patterson football team will host Livingston, with the junior varsity game at 5:30 p.m. and varsity game at 7:30 p.m., at the stadium. Princess and queen royalty will be named during the halftimes. At school, Friday will be Tiger Pride Day, and students will dress in crimson and gray. The homecoming dance will end the week at 9 p.m. in the school gym.