Reports show police acted because the victim thought Faria’s statements and belligerent language were intended to provoke him into a physical fight.
Faria — who was arrested on misdemeanor charges of disturbing the peace — has been arrested on the same charges half a dozen times before, according to police. Jan. 30
• 12:30 a.m.: Miguel Angel Salamanca, 26, was arrested by police on suspicion of strong-arm robbery, following reports that he punched another man and stole $20 from him outside of La Estrellita Bar, 21 S. Third St., in Patterson. Jan. 28
• 10:50 a.m.: Grayson resident Aden Esquivel, 18, was arrested on suspicion of battery after police said he attacked another Del Puerto High School student. According to police, Esquivel followed the other student into a school bathroom and punched him in the mouth because he thought the student spread false rumors about him.
• 9:54 p.m.: Police responded to calls on the 500 block of Red Robin Drive after neighbors reported a man riding on a bicycle and searching parked cars with a flashlight. When deputies confronted him in the area, 39-year-old Salvador Amezcua was arrested on suspicion of possessing narcotics after a search revealed a gram of methamphetamine wrapped in a dollar bill inside his pocket. Jan. 27
• 1:50 p.m.: Police arrested 20-year-old Yoan Mendez Espinoza of Patterson on suspicion of making criminal threats, a felony. Upon termination, Espinoza — who had been employed at a local linen service — reportedly made violent threats against his former boss and the man’s family.
• Items in this column include a sample of reports in the Patterson Police Services dispatcher’s daily log. Additional information is based on reports from officers. Charges may have been added or dropped as of press time, and all suspects are assumed innocent until proven guilty.