The graduation speaker was Monsignor John Armistead, pastor of Cathedral of the Annunciation in Stockton.
Michelle Fantozzi of Patterson was salutatorian for the Class of 2010. Of the graduates, 97 are headed for college, while one has entered the military.
Central Catholic’s seniors earned $4.1 million is scholarships and grants. Some of the awards and scholarships won by the five graduates from Patterson are as follows:
• Tomiko Boyd, daughter of William and Irene Boyd, will attend Mills College. She received $136,000 in scholarships over four years. Her awards include the A.C. “Buzz” Bizzini Memorial Scholarship; Mills College Eucalyptus Scholarship; Mills College Grant; University of St. Mary, Kansas, Merit Scholarship; and Notre Dame de Namur Merit Scholarship.
• Kelly Cox, daughter of James and Cathy Cox, will attend University of Pacific, where she will receive $58,000 in college scholarships over four years. Her awards include the UOP President's Scholarship; UOP Scholarship; University of California Merced Bobcat Scholarship; California State University Long Beach Scholarship; Western Athletic Conference Scholar-Athlete award; and Notre Dame de Namur Merit Scholarship
• Michelle Fantozzi, daughter of Paul and Denise Fantozzi, will attend California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo. The class salutatorian, she was awarded $277,000 in college scholarships over four years. Among her awards are the Kiwanis Club Scholarship; University of San Diego Alcala Scholarship; University of Portland President’s Scholarship; Creighton University Founders’ Scholarship; Creighton University Ignatian Scholarship; Mills College Presidential Scholarship; Mills College Scholarship; University of California Honors Scholarship; St. Mary’s Moraga Scholarship; St. Mary’s Moraga Honors Scholarship; University of California Santa Barbara Freshman Scholarship; A.C. “Buzz” Bizzini Memorial Scholarship; Serra Club Altar Server Award; Golden Scholar-Athlete award; and Western Athletic Conference Scholar-Athlete award.
• Zachary Keller, son of David and Stephanie Keller, will attend California State University, Chico. He is an intern for Rep. Dennis Cardoza. He also has taken part in holiday and spring fine art performances at the school and was a member of several school clubs, including Key Club International, S Club and Broadcast Journalist.
• Tyler Smith, who will attend California State University Maritime Academy in the fall, is the son of Jerry and Claudia Smith. He is an Eagle Scout with Boy Scout Troop 533 in Patterson. His awards include the CCHS Certificate of Achievement for Advanced Graphics; CCHS Outstanding Student of the Year; and Western Athletic Conference Scholar Athlete Award.
• Contact PI Staff at 892-6187 or email@example.com.